Saturday, 18 July 2026

Eine große Parade

With the completion of the Austrian expansion it's time for a grand parade. 

The expansion consists of seven battalions:

The Grenadier battalion Welsperg


Regiment Erzherzog Karl Number 3 consisting off two line and one landwehr battalions 


Three line battalions of Regiment  Marquis Lusignan Number 16


Artillery, one position and two field batteries.



And then the whole force.










19 comments:

  1. That is a very good looking force and a massive expansion. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came close to have the whole army on parade, but the thought of taking the all out of their trays then putting them away again brought reason to my thoughts.

      Delete
  2. A fine looking parade Mark…
    That’s probably about a year’s painting for me 🤣.
    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ally. By the end it felt like a lifetime!

      Delete
  3. That all looks spectacular Mark. That is quite and expansion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence. It's a much bigger army now that I ever anticipated. The original plan was seven battalions a hussar regiment and a battery. I now have 18 battalions, five batteries and four cavalry regiments!

      I note that Blogger is playing silly buggers again - this post was put up at 12:34 on Saturday and still hasn't appeared on the blog rolls.

      Delete
  4. A very nice parade there Mark:)! Sadly this still hasn't shown up in my reading list and only knew you had a new post courtesy of your comment on another Blog (or two). Not a good state of affairs for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its all quite weird...just posted another one...lets see how long it takes to appear.

      Delete
  5. A grand parade, indeed! Really quite a stunning display. I completely missed this post and only got a whiff of its presence in your most recent Bavarian artillery post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank uoh Jonathan. Yes this pist did not dhow at all in the three days sincevut was podted..odd stuff.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic parade, llive the Austrians. This missed my blog feed, pleased you mentioned it in your latest post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil. Yes I suspect that there is some fault in the blog roll gadget.

      Delete
  7. Sllendid looking expansion to your Austrian forces, lovely work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. There are a lot of Austrians on my shelves now!

      Delete
  8. They do look good Mark - I think we have more Austrians between us now than the Hapsburgs ever did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I do love a Nap's parade and these regiments are a great sight! Must feel good to see them all arrayed like that and ready for their first game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. My only fear is that if the history of our games continues, the more common view of the Austrian army will be them moving to the rear at speed!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Chris, but I think I will be staying clear of Austrians for a while.

      Delete