Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Bavarian Artillery

The weirdness of Blogger continues...my post of Saturday completely failed to populate any blog rolls...not that the post was anything of startling substance, but it was a parade! What makes really weird is that the previous post appeared instantly. Hopefully this one appears in a reasonable time.

I have finished the artillery component for the Fourth Bavarian Infantry Division.



This represents the Field Division, 4th (King's) Bavarian Field Artillery Regiment:

  • 1st Light Battery Captain Kirchhoffer 
  • 2nd Light Battery Captain Wurms 
  • 5th Heavy Battery Captain Herold 
  • 6th Heavy Battery Captain A. Bauer
The light batteries were equipped with Krupp 4lb guns (on Bavarian trails).




The heavy batteries of the Second Bavarian Corps were equipped with Bavarian manufactured brass 6lb barrel on the same Bavarian trail.



There are now only a couple of items to get to finish the Bavarians.

22 comments:

  1. A most excellent Bavarian gun line! This post appeared in about three hours. Not so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan. Three hours is certainly an improvement over the last post!

      Delete
  2. They look great Mark, and nicely photographed as well. The bases really blend into the surrounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to say I spent hours manipulating the image in Photoshop, that I would have done once upon a time, but in truth I used an AI tool to replace the background.

      Delete
  3. Splendid looking Bavarian artillery!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. Bavarians are always fun to paint.

      Delete
  4. Splendid work there Mark, with the AI background working a treat, and especially love the smoke from when the guns have just fired:). BTW this post arrived within 11 hours of posting, so super speedy compared to of late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. The post appeared on my blogroll within three hours.

      Delete
  5. They look great Mark - I bet Mr Bell would have liked them on his roster a couple of weeks ago ......!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping to have them on the table for that game, but their arrival was delayed.

      Delete
    2. Hah - this post IS now visible on Jone "Blogs Followed" .... it wasn't two hours ago when I left my comment. I did a brief painting desk update around two hours ago so it will be interesting to see when it shows up......

      Delete
    3. I posted it at 6:41 this morning and it showed up in the blog roll around 10:00.

      Delete
  6. Hi Mark,

    Cracking-looking gun line! It is always satisfying to get an artillery component finished and ready for the tabletop. Good to see this post made it through the Blogger system in reasonable time as well—they look far too good to be hidden away!

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. I have been waiting for these guns for quite some time so it is nice to get them done. Yes this issue with the blog roll delays is annoying.

      Delete
  7. Lovely looking guns Mark…
    I rather like this uniform… Practical but stylish.
    The accompanying groundwork is also very nice…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. The gun model itself is very nice and very cleanly cast. I am glad I chose to do a division from Bavarian 2nd Division, because those bronze barrels look really good.

      Delete