About a month ago I gave a job to one if my staff. It was a tedious job involving the reformatting of a 1,000 page document. Two days later she complained, "this will take me the rest of my life!" It wasn't true because the job is now complete. But after spending an hour and a half putting little green stuff tiles on three sides of the main octagonal spire, I know just how she felt!
It all came about because when I finally finished assembling the two spires, they just looked too bland.
Then I thought about putting tiles on them and I started on the big one first. So began the ordeal. Each little tile was made from a small ball of Green Stuff - about 1.5 mm in diameter - stuck onto the plasticard and then flattened out. Two hundred and twenty-two tiles later I finished three of the eight sides. But my God it is going to look fantastic when it is painted up!