Saturday 29 February 2020

Crimean Expansion

Late last year I commenced an expansion of the British Crimean army that included the three outstanding regiments of the Heavy Brigade, three battalions of infantry, some command and two artillery sets.

The expansion continues with these two units.

Another field artillery set




And this, the 41st Regiment.




Two more regiments of foot. The 47th and the 49th will follow that will complete de Lacy Evans’ Second Division, that is the focus of this expansion

Next in the queue for the Crimea armies (and Franco-Prussian War in this instance) are some reinforcements for the French cavalry that will increase the number of figures on the stands to three, in line with the British and Russian cavalry.

12 comments:

  1. Nice work Mark. I admit, when Warlord Games released the plastic Crimean Russians I almost jumped into a Crimean project, but I will save it for when I've got a few others complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathan. I was tempted to expand the Russians with the plastics, but then I figured that 32 battalions was enough! Really enjoyed our time in Rotorua last weekend.

      Delete
  2. Nice additions Mark ....if Warlord had done plastic Crimean Brits, I would have been tempted...but I think their British infantry is actually metal and I preferred the Ebor versions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically I think the Warlord and Ebor ranges were designed by the same person. But I have stuck with Great War Miniatures because they hav3ca complete range...apart from the Turks.

      Delete
  3. Well done Mark, nice details and splendid figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil. I am finishing the bases on a unit of Chasseurs d’Afrique for the same conflict

      Delete
  4. Very nice indeed. Crimean expansion - Putin would wholeheartedly approve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good! But he probably would not be impressed that it is a BRITISH expansion...

      Delete
  5. Some lovely additions Mark...
    32 battalions of Russians......marvellous.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I frightened myself the other day when I did a tally of this collection. Not only are there 32 battalions of Russians, but the Allied total now sits at 40 - 17 British, 13 French, 6 Sardinian and 4 Turks - 1400 foot, 190 mounted and 32 guns...and I did seriously consider another division of 16 battalions of Russians. Thankfully something else has attracted my magpie eyes!

      Delete