Saturday 20 July 2019

More Americans...two types

This week sees a great deal march off the painting table.

First up are the two remaining figures from the War of 1812 command pack, including a figure of Madison in civilian dress, who will make an excellent militia commander, I am sure. It is just as well my friend Julian had the pack of unpainted Old Glory generals on hand because my order from Foundry has not arrived and I need the figures for a game next Thursday - not that it is anyone’s fault but mine because I ordered them quite late.

Next are four units, plus three command figures, from the American Civil War refurbishment project.





This makes six regiments completed in the project. Four regiments, four gun sets and a cavalry regiment are still to be done. I need to have another two regiments completed by next Monday.

8 comments:

  1. Splendid additions to your collection Mark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, boys a couple more units to go now.

      Delete
  2. Really impressive output in a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a bit of overlap - the mounted figures and one of the infantry units were done last week, but not based. The paint jobs are really just touch ups so found I could push through 10 per day.

      Delete
  3. Great additions. I am going to have to add a Madison to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I think you will enjoy the report of the game we will play next Thursday (Wednesday your time).

      Delete
  4. Lovely work, and the refurbished ACW figures look great. Are these from the collection you had in the 80s, or more recent than that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the army belonged to a member of the group who has ceased gaming due a number of reasons an has donated the figures to the group. They were in need of TLC.

      Delete