Thursday 10 November 2022

The Kiev Dragoons

The Kiev Regiment is the third dragoon regiment in this Russian cavalry expansion. I chose this regiment for two reasons. First, it is my way of supporting Ukraine while thumbing my nose at Mr P. Second, it has carmine facings, a slightly redder crimson that I achieved by using a base of crimson then highlighting with a 50:50 mix of crimson and red.





So for a parade of all three regiments.



Now on the painting table is a regiment of Prussian cuirassiers.

12 comments:

  1. Great work Mark. Three regiments of dragoons should be more than enough for most scenarios one would think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence…you would think that would be enough, but it actually makes five, because I had two already. There is a plan afoot to have all five on a table some time soon.

      Delete
  2. I am surprised the Kyev (pronounced "Keev", apparently!) aren't in blue faced yellow, like everything else from Ukraine! I don't like the sound if that plan much, either....unless I am playing on the Russian side that day, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be interesting to know when the blue and yellow came into play. No need to warty about a Russian cavalry superiority…I have 19 regiments of French cavalry…

      Delete
  3. Very impressive display, Mark! These look a force to be reckoned with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. There will be a parade of Prussian cavalry in the near future.

      Delete
  4. SUperb dragoons Mark, lovely units...and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic looking regiment Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely regiment Mark…
    I like the carmine facings.

    The three units look great… all five together will be very impressive.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. I am hoping all five will get sn outing in mid-December.

      Delete