Wednesday 7 June 2017

The Latest Painting Activity

There has been quite a bit of activity on the painting table in the last week.

First up is a group of German Askari that I have painted for a friend. They are Brigade Games figures and are great little figures to work with. There are ten figures in this batch, but only seven would fit in the frame.


Next up is the third and final building of the Viking village. Two more Saxon buildings will follow to complete that village.



And finally, the last unit of the Retreat From Moscow collection, a small unit of Chasseurs of the Guard to accompany the Emperor's sleigh.








8 comments:

  1. Those Askaris are looking great Mark. I'm looking forward to the East Africa battle reports!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathan. I was pleasantly surprised with these - the figures looked quite bland in the raw metal, but they have lost of character. I too hope we can get some games in soon.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful realisations, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Askaris look especially eye-catching, Mark, and your build is remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am almost regretting having to hand the Askari back! As for the building, its amazing what can be achieved with some cardboard, a bag of match sticks from the local craft store, some PVA glue and some paint, isn't it? It took all of four hours...

      Delete
  4. More great and varied output Mark. I especially like the Askaris, and I can't believe that building only took four hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When there is lots of variety in my weekly painting output you can be sure that I have got to the bottom of the lead pile! It is a small building...

      Delete