Monday 22 August 2016

What's on the Conveyer Belt Today?

And the answer is...Russian Crimean War infantry of course! This week saw the completion of the third of my jäger regiments, the Borodino Jäger Regiment. This is the last of the Russian infantry I am doing for this project. There are seven regiments in all, each of four battalions of eighteen figures - that is 504 figures in total.



There is another order for Crimean War figures away at the moment, another French infantry regiment and a Russian battery, but while I await the arrival of these, I have turned my attention back to the Carlist War. The first item completed here is the Carlist mountain gun team. This is a fantastic set with a gun, three crew and ammunition mule.





I have also finished the "packed" version of this, but the bases aren't quite complete. I will post an image of these in a couple of days.

6 comments:

  1. This artillery is awesome! Great job on each, but I love the splendid artillery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I agree this is a great set. Wait until you see the sert where the gun is packed on mules...it is beautiful. I am taking some time to do something special with the bases for this set.

      Delete
  2. Awesome work all round Mark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger. These are beautiful figures, well animated and filled with character.

      Delete
  3. At the rate you churn out Russian battalions, the figures would have to affixed to a conveyor belt. I just had a vision of the "I Love Lucy" skit on the candy production line.

    Your Carlist mountain gun and crew are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I remember that episode of "Lucy"...and i felt like that a bit doing the Russians!

      The mountain gun is a great little set and the one with the gun on mulesvis equally nice. I should have that finished tomorrow.

      Delete