Thursday 8 April 2021

Swamps - Part 2

Back in December I started work on swamps that I will need for the Great Paraguayan war and for another major game coming up later in the year. The original proof of concept piece (see here) was intended to be the first of three modules that can interlink and here are the other two modules, then showing them a few different configurations.  





A number of smaller steam pieces that can be used to link the pieces will provide even greater options in configuration.

16 comments:

  1. Nice work Mark...I guess "the other game" is the big secret that you are painting for..intended for Tarawera I assume??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might say that, but I couldn’t possibly comment!

      Delete
  2. Well done Mark, great looking terrain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the proof of concept piece, and think these look great. The connecting stream pieces will look even more effective. Great stuff Mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence. If I find some time tomorrow I may just cut those pieces of stream.

      Delete
  4. Intelligent design and great execution. Should be very atmospheric for the troops when it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is nice to see the pieces come together.

      Delete
  5. Excellent work Mark and they're very effective:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. Time will tell just how effective they are at inhibiting movement!

      Delete
  6. They work really well Mark..

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. I still need to make those connector pieces...maybe next week.

      Delete
  7. Splendid looking modular swamps!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. I just need to make the last linking pieces now.

      Delete