Back in August I took up Nate's challenge on his Natholeon's Empires blog to publish my "project statement".
After a full month away from painting, here is the first update on that statement.
Two units of Prussian Napoleonic cavalry have come off the painting desk this week to complete the first milestone on the project plan.
First is a regiment of hussars - I struggled with this unit...I am not great working with green.
Second is dragoon regiment, which was much less of a struggle...I am much happier working with blue.
Napoleonic Prussian Project Milestone
Two regiments (12 figures each) of cavalry - COMPLETED
1 horse artillery battery (1 gun four crew) – COMPLETED
Targeted completion date - late October 2017 – ACTUAL COMPLETION EARLY OCTOBER
Scope creep – Minimal. I added three Prussian mounted officers.
Next Milestone: War of 1812 Americans - STATUS: figures ordered
Project Red Flag: A significant scope creep is probable with the announcement from Perry Miniatures that they are working on Napoleonic Swedes. This could result in the addition of a Swedish army and an expansion of the Russians to cover the earlier period.
Also completed this week were the remaining artillery shellfire markers for our upcoming WWI East Africa game.