It has been a busy day today and a frustrating one to boot. Thankfully when I got home I found this on the doorstep.
A parcel from Brigade Games containing my order for War of 1812 Americans.
The Egyptian ruins are nearing completion. After the glue dried on the "stone blocks" in the cork pillars I needed to apply a texture on the rest of the cork surface. I wanted a coarse texture so I used an artist's texture paste to which I added some fine sand then applied the mix with a pallet knife. When the texture paste was almost completely dry I rolled the pillar on a hard surface to flatten out any ridge lines left by the pallet knife.
The textured full length pillars
Above and below, the broken pillars awaiting paint
Then everything was given a black undercoat. All the pieces were then drybrushed with Games Workshop Tallarn Sand. Two or three coats of increasingly lighter tones were then applied.
The painted base
The model dry assembled.
The next step will be to fix the pillars to the base, add some rubble and then add some stone slabs across the tops of the tall pillars.