The last couple of day's work on the church has been on the roof. Most of it is finished now with just a small area of tiling to complete before the roof ridges are put on.
I have also made the basic shapes for the two octagonal spires. To make these I used the PC to draw two octogons, with diameters of 50mm and 30mm and then drew the sides with a height of 60mm and 40mm. These were then printed to paper.
Then I glued the printed sheet to some placticard and cut out the shapes with a scalpel.
These roughly assembled spires will need some sanding and filling before any further work can be done on them.
The shot below shows the spires roughly positioned on the model.
Tomorrow night I will complete the roof and then commence the fine detail work around the window - perhaps the part I like the least.