Saturday 16 July 2016

Carlist War Armies Expand!

While I await the arrival of the next batch of Crimean War figures, I have been working through the Carlist armies.

 

First up is the National Militia. This is the first of two units of militia. I have done these with pale blue trousers, matching the image in the Conrad Cairns book.



I also completed the command base for a second National Militia battalion.


 

Second are two of what will be four units of un-uniformed Carlist rebels. I have fleshed out the stands with four of the priests and monks that I painted a couple of weeks back. The remaining two monks from that set will be used in other units: One (reading from a bible) will added to a command base and the other one will be giving guidance to an artillery crew.





6 comments:

  1. The blue trousers of the militia are wonderful, and the rebels are awesome, so many different poses and a stunning job on them, painting and basing are just superb...in one word, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil. These really are great figures to work with. The animation is fantastic and gives the opportunity to work with colours that are not often used. I think this army will expand quite quickly.

      I am truly saddened by the events in your country last Thursday. I have walked that promenade many times over the years and can picture exactly where the event occurred. My pleasant memories are now forever darkened.

      Delete
  2. Mark I would echo Phil's comments such a get mix of poses in the rebels.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu. It is always nice when, in an irregular unit, you can get every single figure different - as is the case with both these units.

      Delete
  3. Great additions to your project! I am with the two gents above. Painting units of uniformed troops does not present nearly the challenge nor time needed to complete a unit of uniquely outfitted rebels. Your brushwork on these rebels is terrific. The color and variety of the blankets really catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. I too like the way that the blankets can be used to introduce a brightness that would otherwise not be there.

      Delete