Today's work on the mill has seen me start by adding some small details. I added the door hinges and handles to all the doors. I added a heavy timber trim around the lower edge of the upper floor. I added some detail on the underside of the bay window and a bit more ivy across the front of the stairs.
I put the thatch on all of the roof areas, except across the crest.
I finished the inner side of the mill wheel. I cut the mill paddles from plasticard and then attached them to the front side and filled the space between them.
When all of the components had cured, I did the final assembly of the wheel.
The model is probably 85% complete, with just a few small details to finish, but the largest part to be completed will be the basing of it. I need to give some thought about how I am going to attack this. I have the idea of placing it beside a bridge with a mill race or a pond.