Monday 19 July 2021

Somewhere in the Southern United States…

 Our regular Sunday game was an American Civil War battle. The scenario had a Confederate force in position expecting an attack from one direction only to be surprised by an attack from another direction and having to reposition to face it.

I fought for the Union on this day and two us stood with a brigade each were to hold half the Confederates in place while four more Union brigades would strike - we were to be the anvil, them the hammer.

It was a very hard fought battle in which the Union prevailed.

And so to some photos, in random order…













18 comments:

  1. Nick gave me a blow by blow account earlier this evening Mark, sounds like it was a bloody affair but a good game for all involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had more action at his end of the table that I did. I thought I had taken more images than I did.

      Delete
  2. Mark, you guys certainly set up marvelous looking games. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next game is a French and Indian War encounter and likely to spectacular.

      Delete
  3. Nice game and figures as usual Mark. That farmstead in the first picture is particularly eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all buildings that I designed back in the 1980s and we cast up at Military Miniatures (including the outhouse), but not assembled and painted by me.

      Delete
  4. A nice looking game Mark and good to see the Union boys emerging victorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And especially so since I commanded a Union brigade!

      Delete
  5. Great looking game Mark. Lovely photos.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely looking game Mark…
    Toy-tastic as ever…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is nice to see them out of their boxes. Are you out in the world yet?

      Delete
    2. I have been out and about a bit more… even to the pub…
      I also got ‘pinged’ by the NHS Covid App… did the test…negative
      Cases have been rising steadily in my area so I am going to play it safe… regardless of what the buffoons who (try to)run this country say.

      Delete
    3. Very wise to play it safe, this thing has a way to run yet.

      Delete
  7. Top looking game- awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid looking game,nice to see the toys out and lovely terrain too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete