Tuesday 16 June 2020

Union Regiment Number Twelve

Today sees the completion of the twelfth Union infantry regiment of the ACW project.


There is one more Union and two Confederate regiments to go.

On Sunday we played a Spanish Civil War game, the first full all day game since lockdown ended (although we did play one game during level three when we were allowed to gather in groups of up to ten). It was great to catch up with every one again. My friend Keith did a great job recording the event and I you can read his report here. I will simply add a batch of photos from my side of the table.


The Italians ready to advance.


The Condor Legion fighter enters the fray


Our Spanish Allies on the other side of the table advance.


Avanti! The Italians surge forward


The enemy is entrenched along the railway embankment


The Panzer I’s of the Condor Legion prepare to attack the railway line


And after clearing the infantry from behind the rail line they overrun a field gun, leaving only a mangled mess of metal behind


Finally we have taken the railway line, but our armour is all lost and we can push no further. The game ends.

14 comments:

  1. Top notch armies Mark, what a great looking game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely looking game. You are prolific on the ACW regiment painting and putting my pottering around to shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm. My painting has slowed down though...I think I have painted too many ACW figures.

      Delete
  3. Excellent work on the Federals! Your SCW game looks good. It must be a relief to be enjoying FtF gaming with friends again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. Yes it was great to game for real again.

      Delete
  4. Some great photos that certainly balance out my coverage of the event Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t take as many images as you though.

      Delete
  5. Great looking game, hopefully we can open up next week to get our own going again.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu. We have had a bit of a set back here - after 23 days without infections we now have two more!

      Delete
  6. Another fine looking unit Mark...
    And a splendid looking and sounding game...
    Getting to play games with your friends... imagine that 🙄

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was great to be amongst other gamers...its good ti be back at work too - being the social animal I am,

      Delete
  7. A very nice addition, and an equally nice-looking game. I enjoyed Keith's account as well, although he did focus a little more on his senoritas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be known, I didn’t even get to the other side if the table to see the senoritas!

      Delete