Wednesday 14 December 2016

A return to painting

My recent trip to Thailand and a busy workload had slowed my painting production, but the last week has seen a return to the painting production line. Four items have been completed and run off the conveyor belt, starting with a squadron of French Foreign Legion lancers for the First Carlist War.

I chose to create the lancers in the early uniform, chiefly because I like the look of the red shako. At some point in the future I may decide to do a unit in the Czapka so that I can vary between early and later engagements.




Second up is the FFL mountain gun set. I chose to do this gun as a howitzer to create a point of difference from the Carlist and Isabelino sets.



Third is the mountain gun set in transit.


Fourth is the infantry skirmishing set from the Retreat from Moscow range.


Finally, a small milestone with this being my 200th post.

8 comments:

  1. What a 200th post! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil. The whole French Foreign Legion should be finished this weekend.

      Delete
  2. Fine brushwork, Mark! I have a fondness towards red shakos too!
    Congratulations on your blogging milestone of 200 posts. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. i am working on the last of the French Foreign Legion infantry now - the last red shakos. But I won't be abandoning red paint just yet because the first of the British Auxiliary Legion are due to arrive.

      Delete
  3. Well done on your 200th post. I like the nice mix of units you have. The lancers are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil. It has been a busy hobby year! I like the lancers too, although the vignette of the packed mountain gun is alsp nice.

      Delete
  4. I'm beginning to think your a painting machine, cracking work as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Russ. The Carlist War project is winding down now, so the painting machine will begin to slow down for a while!

      Delete