Why its more Crimean Russian's of course!
The first task was to finish off the bases of the Odessa Jäger Regiment and the Ingermanland hussars that I painted last week. This took a couple of hours over two nights.
Then it was the Ukraine Jäger Regiment, the sixth of seven I am building.
Then it was the Archduke Ferdinand Hussar Regiment, number 8. Readers of my last post may have noted that I said I was determined not to do a unit of Russian horse on all white horses, but I relented and I am pleased I did.
Since the rest of the French infantry that are on order cannot be expected for another couple of weeks, I am not sure if I can face another regiment of Russians in their dull greatcoats just yet, so I may have to work on a unit of Carlist War figures just to get some varirty in colour.
Speaking of the Carlist War a few weeks ago, when I was waiting the the lead mountain to arrive, I scratch built a rocket cart for the British Auxillary Legion rocket troop (when I evenutally get around to buying it). I got the idea from a photo on Phil Robinson's blog. The basis of the model is a Foundry British artillery carriage that I had laying about on which I fixed the boxes and their contents that I made from plasticard and some plastic rod.