I have a diverse range of projects on the go at the moment: a few odd figures to finish off projects, the FPW buildings, a big rebasing project, some figure cleaning and more Japanese buildings. The latter is presented here.
This time it is the last of the simple pieces.
First is the Todai - lighthouse.
Next is the gatehouse, complete with gates that open.
Finally there are the wall pieces.
Next to attack in this project is the Rice Mill.
I must admit that after the relative tedium of 250 odd Austrians in white having a diverse range of things to work on is rather nice.







Excellent buildings, I was expecting the 2/3rds complete village buildings from France but these are lovely!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
Thank you Iain...the French buildings ARE progressing...
DeleteBrilliant terrain peices!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ray.
DeleteThey are beautiful pieces!
ReplyDeleteThey are great pieces to work with for sure.
DeleteStunning pieces, Mark! Do you work in 15mm too?
ReplyDeleteThey are great prints..made me think about a 3D printer...for a few hours. I haven't worked in 15mm for a while, but in the past I have been known to paint a few thousand figures and models!
DeleteThose are some really nicely painted terrain pieces Mark. I like how you managed to save the doors so they'll swing still even after painting - I always seem to just glue mine shut as I don't have the patience to try otherwise!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dai. The doors were easily done, chiefly because the model is so well designed.
DeleteLovely looking models Mark, the Lighthouse is a very impressive looking piece, but all are really very nice.
ReplyDeleteThank you Donnie. The lighthouse is indeed impressive, but the castle...
DeleteAmazing looking buildings Mark!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pieces Mark and the colours you have used look spot on. I too have been tempted to get a 3D printer, but I have more than enough pieces and both people I know who have bought one have abandoned it after five or six months once the novelty has worn off and after they have gone through a couple of repairs.
ReplyDeleteI like working with structures that have aged wood. Getting that blend of browns is very satisfying. The blue lacquered tile roof took a bit of figuring out, but once i cottoned on it was quite easy. Space would be my major limitation for a 3D printer...plus I like handmade terrain.
Delete