Saturday, 1 August 2026

The Rice Mill

Well Blogger is being Blogger again and my post of Friday hasn’t appeared on any blog rolls, so here’s hoping that this one does!

Painting of the Japanese buildings continues and with all of the smaller pieces finished I have started working on the three buildings that are on the queue. The first of these is the Rice Mill. 

This is a really nice printed model, with only a few parts to assemble.










The roof is removable and the interior is fully presented.






18 comments:

  1. Superb model Mark, and very nicely painted, top notch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is a stunner Mark - and I do know that the castle is going to be even better, when you do it! This 3d Samurai terrain has all been outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful pieces. I have dry assembled the castle and it is indeed incredible. I should be woking on this in a week or two.

      Delete
  3. Amazing piece of architecture, beautifully painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan...they are stunning pieces. The Geisha house is on the table now and it is astonishing...

      Delete
  4. Very nice work. What a clever model! Can see lots of situations for stting thus on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. There is some lovely design work here.

      Delete
  5. Very nice Mark…
    There are certainly lots of nice textures to pick up with a drybrush .

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Aly, and the PLA plastics take the paint really nicely. I like working with wood tones and there are about six tones to get the depth I wanted.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous rice mill, lovely detail painting,great finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is a nice model and relatively easy to paint.

      Delete
  7. These are lovely little models and beautifully painted as usual. How did you find the interiors to do? The detail always seem like a nice touch until you have to paint them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started the Geisha house and it is going to bs a challenge as there is a LOT of interior detail that is going to be difficult to get a brush to.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal. They are very nice prints and will go very well with the samurai you are painting.

      Delete